Jason Sain, a well-known and respected tournament fisherman and friend to many, was diagnosed in April 2014 with multiple glioblastomas. These malignant brain tumors are inoperable. Jason is currently being treated at MD Anderson Medical Center in Houston, Texas. 100% of the proceeds from this event will go to Jason’s family to help with uncovered medical expenses and living expenses during this difficult fight. Help us get 200 boats to raise $40,000 for Jason! Jason is hoping to be at the tournament to see everyone.
Special Guest MC- TV personality Fish Fishburne
Dinner and Auction Following Weigh-In!
Make checks payable to: The Dusty Elam Foundation
Mail entry forms to: David Gnewikow
808 N. Mt Juliet Rd
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
1. REGISTRATION: Take-off will be in order of entries received. Registration on morning of event will begin 2 hours before safe light. Both members MUST completely fill out & sign an entry form for every event. Your entry fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
2. SAFETY: Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to wear a fastened, U.S. Coast Guard approved, P.F.D. anytime the boat is up on “plane” from the morning launching of the boat until loading the boat after the event. All boats must be equipped with some type of “ignition shut off device” & it must be attached to the boat driver’s body anytime the boat is up on “plane”.
3. SPORTSMANSHIP: All contestants are required to follow & maintain high standards of conservation, courtesy & sportsmanship. Consumption of alcohol during the tournament or before the weighing of your fish is not allowed. Use or possession of drugs during any event will be grounds for disqualification.
4. BOAT & HORSEPOWER REGULATIONS: Boats must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment. All boats must have adequate livewell space & aerators to maintain a limit of fish alive. Horsepower cannot exceed the limitation capacity set forth on the "Maximum Capacities" placard.
5. PERMITTED FISHING METHODS: Only artificial lures may be used, with the exception of pork strips or rinds. Only one rod (8 foot maximum length) & reel may be used at any one time. Baits on two separate rods in the water at the same time is not allowed. All bass must be caught live & in a conventional sporting manner.
6. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Contestants may fish anywhere on tournament waters available to the public and accessible by boat, except areas designated as "off limits" or "no fishing" by local, state, or federal officials or within 50 yards of a competitor's boat that was first anchored (an anchored boat is a boat held in a stable position by a line attached to a weight, or a power pole deployed, with the trolling motor in the up position). Locking is NOT permitted. All angling must be conducted from the boat. At no time may a contestant leave the boat to land a fish or to make the boat more accessible to fishing waters. Contestants must leave and return to the official checkpoint by boat. In the event of equipment failure or an emergency, there will be only two permitted methods of returning to the official check-in: by both partners remaining in their boat and being towed by water, or by one partner entering the boat of another tournament contestant or tournament official with their catch clearly marked. Under these two conditions the contestants' catches may be counted. Mechanical failures do not extend your weigh in time. Contestants who elect to return to the official check-in by any other means, will forfeit their day's catch to that point in time.
7. OFFICIAL CHECKPOINTS: There will be only one official checkpoint for boat inspection in the morning. Failure to go through morning boat inspection or failure to check-in at the check-in point in the afternoon will result in penalties or disqualification. All fishing must cease upon check-in.
8. LATE PENALTY: Contestants who are not at the official check-in area at the appointed time will be penalized 1 pound per minute deducted from the total weight including any weight to be counted toward a big bass award. Any contestant more than 15 minutes late will be disqualified for that day.
9. SCORING: Scoring will be determined by the pounds & ounces of each teams catch. Only spotted, redeye, largemouth & smallmouth bass will be weighed. All bass must measure 15”. The limit will be 3 fish & will be measured on a Golden Rule with mouth closed. At no time shall a team possess in their livewell, more than a tournament limit of fish. If a team brings more fish than the limit to the weigh in, the largest fish will be culled first until the prescribed limit is met. Bass presented for weigh-in that fail to measure the prescribed length limit, will be thrown out, & will be penalized at the rate of 1 pound for each non-legal bass presented. Each teams catch must be in an official weigh-in bag & verified by their signature.
11. TIES: In the event of a tie, place monies will be split evenly.
12. POLYGRAPH: Each contestant agrees to submit, by their signature on the official tournament entry form, to a polygraph examination & abide by its conclusion. Failure to take, or failure to pass, the examination will result in disqualification. Polygraphs will be used at the discretion of the director.
Boater Name: _________________________________________ Partner: _____________________________________________
Address: ____________________________________________ Address:_____________________________________________
City: _________________________ State: ____ Zip: __________ City: _________________________ State: ____ Zip: __________
Phone: _____________________ email: ___________________ Phone: ______________________ email: __________________
Liability Release: I knowingly & freely assume all risks referred to above, & all other risks of tournament participation, without limitation, both known & unknown, if arising from the negligence of the releases (as defined below) or others, & assume full responsibility for risks arising from my participation in the tournament. I, for myself & on behalf of my heirs, personal representatives, assignees & next of kin, hereby release, indemnify, & hold harmless The Jason Sain Benefit Tournament, the directors, officials, organizers, other participants, & sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, with respect to any & all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, which I suffer or which I am found to have caused in whole or part by my negligence or intentional misconduct, whether arising from the negligence of the releases, or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Signature: ___________________________________________ Signature: __________________________________________
Parent Signature if under 18: ______________________________
|Home | Contact|
|Professional Fishing Management Services, LLC|